Features of the Sena SMH10:
• The simplest user interface of any unit currently on the market. Only one
• Wireless full duplex(simultaneous talking/listening) rider to pillion intercom
communication with switchable VOX
• Wireless multiple bike to bike communication : 4 independent bikes can
communicate with each other up to 900m (with each intercom channel being
a private full duplex channel ). In our tests we often achieved over 900m line
of sight communication range
• If the unit does go out of range it automatically reconnects.
No need to re-set the units(some manufactures offerings require the unit to
be switched on and off if it goes out of range to re-establish a connection)
• Wireless Bluetooth connection to your GPS to receive driving information
(music automatically pauses and re-starts after receiving a GPS instruction)
• Wirelessly make and receive phone calls via your cell phone
(music/GPS instructions automatically pause and re-start after receiving
a phone call)
• Driver and Passenger are independent and can receive different calls
• Bluetooth wireless or wired connection of an Mp3/Ipod for full STEREO A2DP
music. Even if your music player is not Bluetooth enabled the Sena still allows
you to attach it directly via a Mp3 port on the base. A gold plated cable to
connect your player is included in the kit.
• Both riders can listen to their own music
• Bluetooth music playback control by AVRCP: play, pause, track forward and
track back with a unique jog dial for phones/Mp3 players equipped with AVRCP
• Fully waterproof
• Exceptional volume range with integrated audio booster and high quality
• Crisp and clear communication between all connected units/accessories
• Individual volume control for each audio source
• Excellent rechargeable battery life- 12 hours constant talk time, 10 days
• The unit can even be charged while riding your bike with supplied 12V
charger. A 220v/110v wall charger is also included in the kit.
• A unique optional base that allows you to also use your personal ear buds if
• Firmware Upgradeable-enjoy free firmware updates from Sena-no need to
purchase a new unit to stay abreast with technology e.g. the next firmware
upgrade will include voice prompts and Bluetooth V3.0 free of charge.
Simply download the latest firmware releases as and when required.
SENA has just released version 4.X firmware for the SMH10 with major enhancements in functions and performance, including Bluetooth 3.0, four-way conference intercom, multi-point connection, voice prompt and more. All upgrades are free.
Simple to use (arguably the most important of its many functions)
What sets different motorcycle intercom headsets apart is their functionality and ergonomics. Traditionally other market offerings involve a series of obscure and illogical button-pushing sequences that are challenging at best, leaving the user to ponder if they were ever designed for motorcycle applications in the first place.
Having the most bells & whistles is worthless if you are distracted through fiddling for the correct buttons. Furthermore a unit should at very least be glove friendly.
A simple rule of thumb: If you are tempted to remove your gloves or aimlessly fiddle while riding in order to do something with the unit, then that function is useless and potentially unsafe.
The Sena SMH 10 is by far the simplest intercom system to use and is designed with ease of use and safety in mind.
There are two design factors that are immediately noticeable on the Sena SMH10: first, the absence of many buttons. Believe it or not, the engineers at Sena have made a breakthrough in a motorcycle intercom user interface - A total of one button.
It's called the "Phone Button" because it controls pretty much all of the functions of a paired cell phone.
The other can't-miss feature is the "Jog Dial". The Jog Dial controls the intercom functions. The Jog Dial also rotates to raise and lower the volume. Rotate the wheel one way to raise the volume; rotate it the other way to lower the volume. Simplicity at its best.
Adjust the volume Should you not wish to use the Voice Activated
intercom (VOX) then a simple tap of the Jog dial
will activate the intercom
Many cell phones that are capable of playing music are also AVRCP (Audio and Video Remote Control Profile) enabled.
With AVRCP compatible players the unique Jog dial also allows you to control your music. Now you can even pause/play music as well as skip forwards and backwards through your play list via a simple tap of the Jog dial.
NEW! Stream the audio signal directly from your iPod/iPhone to your Sena SMH 10 and SMH5 headsets with this new bluetooth dongle with full AVRCP. More details.
Who are Sena?
Sena is a leading global supplier in what is known as M2M ( machine-to-machine) communications. Their products include external /embedded wireless and industrial device servers; industrial Bluetooth product lines, bluetooth access points for device networking solution in the areas of IT/Telco, retail/POS, industrial automation, building automation, and medical automation.
In layman’s terms, Sena specializes in high-tech electronics including Bluetooth systems. These components in turn are sold to manufacturers who embed and integrate Sena equipment in various types of manufacturing systems. Odds are, you've used a Sena product without even knowing it.
This expertise has now been built into arguably the finest self contained helmet motorcycle interphone currently available. The SMH 10 headset has been designed by real world bikers for bikers- in actual fact this product is as a result of one of Sena’s senior executives frustration with the current market offerings. His instructions to his engineers -design from the ground up a motorcycle intercom system that has a sensible user interface and that actually works.